This post may be awfully written since I'm dying of a migraine and our air conditioning is out when it's 103* and rising, but it's time sensitive so it's got to get done.
Woohoo! While writing that first sentence a friend came over and swooped my kids away to A/C so at least that's a load off my migraine. Let's see how this goes.
For the last few weeks I have been really excited to do some sort of themed manicure for The 4th of July and have been thinking on it. I had a lot of ideas, and in the end I decided my freehand still looks a bit too amateur a lot of the time, I'm short on SV to do a tape mani the way I'd like, and my stamping skills and polish selection aren't up to the task yet. So water marbling it was!
I've been asked a lot how to do this, so I'm hoping to do a tutorial to add to the plethora of water marble tutorials available next week when I do a request for friend, but for now, you're going to get a few process pics and the end result.
Please pardon the awful color, my main point was to show the design and my processing computer died yesterday, so I tried to fiddle with these in some freebie program on my media server. After spending most of the day working on this post, I decided showing you what designs I did was more important than getting the colors right.
Base Coat: Gelous
Underwear: Savvy French White White
Wet N Wild I Red a Good Book
Wet N Wild Blue Moon
nch White White
Glitter Coat: Wet N Wild Hallucinate
Top Coat: Seche Vite
On my right hand I tried to use the Hallucinate in the marble too, but it didn't work well. Putting it as one of the first colors caused it to dry before I could marble and putting toward the end and my solid color drops weren't spreading so the glitter ended up mostly just being lumps under the polish. I was bummed because I wanted streaks like my last marble instead of all over, but such is life! The biggest difference it made though is you can see the colors on my right hand are more primary, on the left, for some reason the white interfered more with the red and blue and I ended up with more pastels. But the right also made a bunch of purple, so in the end, nothing ended up being a BRIGHT red, white, and blue as I planned.
I also wanted to try out nail polish jewelry, making a ring that would match my manicure!
This was HARD to water marble. I have some ideas for next time, which will be happening, because the polish and adhesive never set thanks to the A/C going out. I managed to keep it on well enough until the end of the night, then I got home and it fell apart. It'll be taking an acetone bath soon.
Some process pics for you:
Sorry about the weird layouts, Blogger and I are hating on each other and I just want to get this post out before the 5th is over since I had originally planned to post on the 4th!